Career Opportunities At MediaTown
UI/UX Visual Designer
* 3 Month Contract Position. Employment will be evaluated & converted into a permanent full-time position.
MediaTown Marketing is a fast-growing Inbound Marketing agency and HubSpot Gold partner. Based in Toronto, Canada, with a satellite office in New York state, MediaTown has built a strong multi-national reputation by delivering successful marketing campaigns that increase traffic, generate leads, and customers.
MediaTown hires the best people for their positions, whether remote or local, and is an equal opportunity employer.
Successful websites don’t happen by accident. As a member of the MediaTown team, you must have a passion for web design & user experience based on marketing science and proven inbound methodology. Additionally, your unique qualifications will allow you to bridge the gap between our marketing team and developers, to create a product that our clients love.
We’re looking for someone who has an eye for analytics, and the ability to constantly update and improve. If this sounds like you, read on.
As a boutique style marketing & design firm, we are looking for someone who is energetic, organized and can confidently execute a spectrum of web design projects. The role is ideal for a graphic designer, with marketing experience, looking to grow.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Website/User Interface design
- Website support – Slider/hero images, call-out images, landing page designs within existing template frameworks, etc.
- Email graphics: header graphics, call-out images, footer graphics
- Social media graphics: Facebook page designs (hero, tabs etc), images for content/blog posts, Google+ destination graphics, YouTube Channel custom designs, LinkedIn update images, Instagram contests, Pinterest, etc.
- Display advertising (animated and static)
- Infographics to support customer case studies and white papers
- Print design: copy updates, image updates, etc. flyers and handouts: concept, design & execute a series of flyers, handouts, postcards and other printed materials
In addition to graphic design, the ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of how web design & UI drives real-world sales. Bonus if you have proven knowledge (college/university experience is acceptable) and skills in running online advertising campaigns on platforms such as Google, Bing/Yahoo, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, etc.
Your Experience & Qualifications
- Extensive knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and must be fluent in Photoshop, Adobe XD, InDesign, &(or) Illustrator (Or equivalent). –Please send portfolio.
- Experience working in the online industry with a proven understanding of web technologies, browser compatibilities and limitations, content and process management, and site implementation.
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communications skills and be effective working independently
- Knowledge of HTML (basic understanding)
- Proven analytical skills and strategic thinking. Demonstrated ability to develop creative/non-traditional solutions
- Degree, Diploma or equivalent work experience
Nice to Haves
- Agency experience
- Knowledge of digital marketing principals
- Knowledge of PHP, HTML, CSS, +
- Advanced level knowledge of social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Google+, Instagram, Yo, etc.)
- Strong consideration is given to candidates with experience in motion graphics
- A love for Jeeps
If you’re looking to work remote, that’s cool. If you want to work near others, that’s cool too. The MediaTown team can be found around the world; including Canada, The United States, as well as Asia & India. We really don’t care where you’re located, you just have to be talented! This position is full-time. Recent graduates are welcome. When applying please send resume and portfolio.
Post Contract Employment
Upon contract completion, the ideal candidate will be offered full-time employment with MediaTown. Employment with MediaTown offers many perks, including:
- Flexible location.
- Flexible hours.
- Unlimited vacation.
- Unlimited growth potential.
- Partnership opportunities.