Career Opportunities At MediaTown
Inbound Marketing & Social Media Assistant
* 3 Month Contract Position. Employment will be evaluated & converted into a permanent full-time position.
MediaTown Marketing is a fast-growing Inbound Marketing agency and HubSpot Gold partner. Based in Toronto, Canada, with a satellite office in New York state, MediaTown has built a strong multi-national reputation by delivering successful marketing campaigns that increase traffic, generate leads, and customers.
MediaTown hires the best people for their positions, whether remote or local, and is an equal opportunity employer.
We’re looking for someone to join our Inbound Marketing team. The Inbound Marketing Assistant (Social Media focus) will support the Director of Marketing & Communications with projects relating to external and internal communications, inbound marketing and social media initiatives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Primary focus on coordinating Inbound Campaigns, as well as managing Social Media efforts and influencer outreach.
- Support the management of MediaTown/Client’s brand and visual identity.
- Will work directly with Community Manager(s) to build influencer programs.
- Brainstorm and help create content for MediaTown/client’s social channels.
- Participate in developing viral initiatives.
- Will assist PR team when required.
Social Media Specific Job Duties
- Create and grow Social Channels across a variety of networks (Facebook, Instagram, Snap, Twitter, YouTube, and more.)
- Simultaneously develop and execute strategy to grow channels and bolster consumer perception of brand(s).
- Build relationships with key social influencers.
- From time-to-time, the candidate must be willing to remain on-call 24/7 and able to work on weekends, including holidays, for both key Social posts/responses and physical events.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Minimum 1 year experience in either Assistant, Coordinator, or equivalent Community/Social/Marketing positions.
- Ideal candidate will have knowledge of key social media influencers across Instagram and other platforms and will know how to leverage these influencers.
- Candidate must have their finger on the pulse of the inbound marketing world (social marketing in particular) at all times – key events, world news, hot topic items and industry/brand topics.
- Ability to manage multiple people and projects, both internally and externally, at once.
- Strong knowledge and experience with all key Social Media platforms a must.
- Strong experience leading/motivating groups and communities.
- Ideal candidate will have 5+ years history (personal or professional) with online communities, forums, and social media platforms.
- Experience with Project management software (Teamwork, Trello), Social Media software (Buffer, Hootsuite, Radian6) and Design programs a plus. (Photoshop, Finalcut.)
- Candidate should be able to handle duties and thrive in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment.
- Homebuilder, Legal, and/or Automotive industry experience is an asset.
Post Contract Employment
Upon contract completion, the ideal candidate will be offered full-time employment with MediaTown. Employment with MediaTown offers many perks, including:
- Flexible location.
- Flexible hours.
- Unlimited vacation.
- Unlimited growth potential.
- Partnership opportunities.