Career Opportunities At MediaTown
Content & Social Media Coordinator
* 6 Month Contract Position. Contract will be evaluated & may be converted into a permanent full-time position.
MediaTown Marketing & Design is a fast-growing Inbound Marketing agency and HubSpot partner. Located 20 mins. north of Toronto in Newmarket, Canada. MediaTown has built a strong multi-national reputation for award-winning website design and development of strategic marketing campaigns that foster long-term growth.
MediaTown hires the most qualified people for our positions. Remote or local, we are an equal opportunity employer.
We’re looking for someone to join our Inbound Marketing team. The Content & Socal Media Coordinator (Automotive/Off-road focus) will support the Marketing & Communications team with projects relating to external and internal communications, content development and social media initiatives.
*Please note – Much of your time will be spent working with clients in the automotive/off-road industry. The ideal candidate will be a die-hard off-road enthusiast and own a Jeep JL, Gladiator or JK.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Primary focus on coordinating Inbound Campaigns, as well as managing content calendars, social media efforts, and influencer outreach.
- Support the management of MediaTown + client brands and visual identity.
- Develop comprehensive community engagement strategies to foster social channel growth & engagement.
- Brainstorm and help create content for social channels.
- Edit and proofread written content prior to publication to ensure quality
- Compose and execute monthly marketing emails & blogs
Social Media Specific Job Duties
- Create and grow social channels across a variety of networks (Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, Twitter, YouTube, and more.) *Video experience is a plus!
- Simultaneously develop and execute strategies to grow channels and bolster consumer brand perception.
- Build relationships with key social influencers.
- From time-to-time, the candidate must be willing to remain on-call 24/7 and able to work on weekends, including holidays, for both key social posts/responses and physical events.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Minimum 1-year experience in either assistant, coordinator, or equivalent community/social/marketing positions.
- The ideal candidate will have knowledge of key social media influencers in the off-road industry across Instagram, Facebook, TikTok, Etc. and will bring ideas to leverage these influencers.
- Candidate must have their finger on the pulse of the digital marketing world (social marketing & content in particular) – key events, world news, hot topic items, and industry/brand topics.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, both internally and externally, at once.
- Strong knowledge and experience with all key social media platforms is a must.
- Strong experience leading/motivating groups and communities.
- Ideal candidate will have 5+ years experience (personal or professional) with online communities, forums, and social media platforms.
- Experience with project management software (Asana, Trello), automation software (HubSpot, Klaviyo, Salesforce.), social media software (Later, Buffer, HubSpot) and design programs is a definite plus. (Figma, Final Cut.)
- Candidate should be able to handle duties and thrive in a fast-paced, high-pressure, crazy fun environment.
- Automotive industry experience is an asset, however personal experience in the automotive/off-road industry will be considered.
- Note – The candidate MUST be creative, able to think of new, innovative ways to reach people on social, and MUST have exceptional grammar & writing abilities.
Post Contract Employment
Upon contract completion, the ideal candidate will be given the option to transition to full-time employment with MediaTown. Employment with MediaTown offers many perks, including:
- Flexible location.
- Flexible hours.
- Unlimited growth potential.
- Unlimited vacation/sick days.
- Agency ownership/partnership opportunities.